lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shyam Bhaskaran <Shyam.Bhaska...@synopsys.com>
Subject RE: Question on Reverse Indexing
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 02:23:38 GMT
Hi Francois,

I understand that disabling of ReversedWildcardFilterFactory has improved the performance.

But I am puzzled over how the leading wild card search like *lock is working even though I
have now disabled the ReversedWildcardFilterFactory and the indexes have been created without
ReversedWildcardFilter ?

How does reverse indexing work even after disabling ReversedWildcardFilterFactory?

Can anyone explain me how this feature is working.

-Shyam

-----Original Message-----
From: Fran├žois Schiettecatte [mailto:fschiettecatte@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:49 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question on Reverse Indexing

Using ReversedWildcardFilterFactory will double the size of your dictionary (more or less),
maybe the drop in performance that you are seeing is a result of that?

Fran├žois

On Jan 17, 2012, at 9:01 PM, Shyam Bhaskaran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For reverse indexing we are using the ReversedWildcardFilterFactory on Solr 4.0
>

> <filter class="solr.ReversedWildcardFilterFactory" withOriginal="true"
>
> maxPosAsterisk="3" maxPosQuestion="2" maxFractionAsterisk="0.33"/>
>

> ReversedWildcardFilterFactory was helping us to perform leading wild card searches like
*lock.

> But it was observed that the performance of the searches was not good after introducing
ReversedWildcardFilterFactory filter.

> Hence we disabled ReversedWildcardFilterFactory filter and re-created the indexes and
this time we found the performance of Solr query to be faster.

> But surprisingly it is observed that leading wild card searches were still working inspite
of disabling the ReversedWildcardFilterFactory filter.