lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shyam Bhaskaran <Shyam.Bhaska...@synopsys.com>
Subject Question on Reverse Indexing
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 02:01:52 GMT
Hi,

For reverse indexing we are using the ReversedWildcardFilterFactory on Solr 4.0

<filter class="solr.ReversedWildcardFilterFactory" withOriginal="true"

maxPosAsterisk="3" maxPosQuestion="2" maxFractionAsterisk="0.33"/>

ReversedWildcardFilterFactory was helping us to perform leading wild card searches like *lock.

But it was observed that the performance of the searches was not good after introducing ReversedWildcardFilterFactory
filter.

Hence we disabled ReversedWildcardFilterFactory filter and re-created the indexes and this
time we found the performance of Solr query to be faster.

But surprisingly it is observed that leading wild card searches were still working inspite
of disabling the ReversedWildcardFilterFactory filter.

This behavior is puzzling everyone and wanted to know how this behavior of reverse indexing
works?

Can anyone share with me on this Solr behavior.

-Shyam