lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Commit and sessions
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 13:25:34 GMT
Hi,

Yep, anything added between two commits must be regarded as lost in case of crash.
You can of course minimize this interval by using a low "commitWithin". But after a crash
you should always investigate whether the last minutes of adds made it.

A transaction log feature is being developed, but not there yet: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2700

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

On 27. jan. 2012, at 13:05, Per Steffensen wrote:

> Hi
>
> If I have added some document to solr, but not done explicit commit yet, and I get a
power outage, will I then loose data? Or asked in another way, does data go into persistent
store before commit? How to avoid possibility of loosing data?

> Does solr have some kind of session concept, so that different threads can add documents
to the same solr, and when one of them says "commit" it is only the documents added by this
thread that gets committed? Or is it always "all documents added by any thread since last
commit" that gets committed?