lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From bing <nibing_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: language specific fields of "text"
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 03:27:00 GMT
Hi, Paul,

I understand your point of missing "text_en" in the document. It is. Not
"text_en" but "text" exists.
But then it arises the question: isn't it dynamic to add language specific
suffixes to an existing filed "text"?

I am new here. As far as I know, for some field "title", people can create
"title_en" "title_fr" to incorporate different analyzers in the same schema.
Even this, I am not seeing it happens. Thus, I am thinking whether it is
possible I neglect some obvious point?

"Bing" is very common in the names of Chinese, as there are several Chinese
characters corresponding to the same pronunciation.

Thanks for reply.

Best Regards,
Bing