lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Finotti Simone <tech...@yoox.com>
Subject Re: Solr response writer
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 13:26:04 GMT
That's the scenario:
I have an XML that maps words W to URLs; when a search request is issued by my web client,
a query will be issued to my Solr application. If, after stemming, the query matches any in
W, the client must be redirected to the associated URL.

I agree that it should be handled outside, but we are currently on progress of migrating from
Endeca, and it has a feature that allow this scenario. For this reason, my boss asked if it
was somehow possible to leave that functionality in the search engine.

thanks again

Inizio: Erik Hatcher [erik.hatcher@gmail.com]
Inviato: mercoledì 7 dicembre 2011 14.12
Fine: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: Solr response writer

First, could you tell us more about your use case?   Why do you want to change the response
code?   HTTP 307 = Temporary redirect - where are you going to redirect?  Sounds like something
best handled outside of Solr.

If you went down the route of creating your own custom response writer, then you'd be locked
into a single format (XML, or JSON, or which ever that you subclassed)

On Dec 7, 2011, at 06:48 , Finotti Simone wrote:

> Hello,
> I need to change the HTTP result code of the query result if some conditions are met.
>
> Analyzing the flow of execution of Solr query process, it seems to me that the "place"
that fits better is the QueryResponseWriter. Anyway I didn't found a way to change the HTTP
request layout (I need to set 307 instead of 200), so I wonder if it's possible at all with
the Solr (v 3.4) plugin mechanism actually provided.