lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Schoy <hei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Facet on a field with rows=n
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 13:58:30 GMT
Hi Kashif,

that is not possible in solr. The facets are always based on all the
documents matching the query.

But there is a workaround:
1) Do a normal query without facets (you only need to request doc ids
at this point)
2) Collect all the IDs of the documents returned
3) Do a second query for all fields and facets, adding a filter to
restrict result to those IDs collected in step 2.

Mark