lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingrambook.com>
Subject RE: NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/solr/common/params/SolrParams
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 22:27:40 GMT
The SolrParams class is in the solrj.jar file so you should verify that this is in the classpath.
 Also see if it is listed in the manifest.mf file in the war's META-INF dir.  If you're running
this on a server within Eclipse and letting Eclipse do the deploy, my experience is it can
be frustrating at times to get Eclipse to get the dependencies right.  In this case look at
the "Java EE Module Dependencies" screen in Eclipse.  I often resort to hand-editing the "org.eclipse.wst.common.component"
file in the project's ".settings" directory.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Adam Osiek [mailto:baosiek@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:17 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/solr/common/params/SolrParams

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a Solrj based application into JBoss AS 7 using
Eclipse Indigo. When deploying it I get the following error message:

ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-4) MSC00001:
Failed to start service
jboss.deployment.unit."SolrIntegration.war".POST_MODULE:
org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service
jboss.deployment.unit."SolrIntegration.war".POST_MODULE: Failed to
process phase POST_MODULE of deployment "SolrIntegration.war"
     at
org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:121)
     at
org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1824)
     at
org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1759)
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
[:1.7.0_02]
     at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
[:1.7.0_02]
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [:1.7.0_02]
*Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/solr/common/params/SolrParams*
     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method) [:1.7.0_02]
     at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2404)
[:1.7.0_02]
     at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2714) [:1.7.0_02]
     at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1674) [:1.7.0_02]
     at
org.jboss.as.web.deployment.jsf.JsfManagedBeanProcessor.deploy(JsfManagedBeanProcessor.java:105)
     at
org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:115)
     ... 5 more
*Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.solr.common.params.SolrParams* from [Module
"deployment.SolrIntegration.war:main" from Service Module Loader]
     at
org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:191)
     at
org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:361)
     at
org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:333)
     at
org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:310)
     at
org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.loadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:103)
     ... 11 more

I have searched with no success for a solution.

I've managed to deploy successfully *solr.war* into JBoss.

Any help will be welcomed.

Regards.