lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Achebe, Ike, JCL" <Ache...@jocolibrary.org>
Subject Lucene/Solr
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:46:47 GMT
Hi,
My name is Ike Achebe and I am a Developer Analyst with the Johnson County Library.  I'm actually
researching better and less expensive alternatives to "Google Appliance Search " , which is
currently our search engine.  Fortunately, I have come across a variety of blogs recommending
Lucene/Solr  as one of the best if not the best open source search engine.
Fortunately, I have read a few articles and documentations about Solr, however , I'm still
in awe as to how to go about installing and integrating this search engine.
Could you in simple terms intimate me on how to go about acquiring or subscribing to solr?
Thank You.
Sincerely,
Ike Achebe