lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>
Subject feature of FST version of SynonymFilter affects Highlighter
Date Mon, 26 Dec 2011 11:55:41 GMT
I found that SynonymFilter javadoc says:

"Matches single or multi word synonyms in a token stream.
This token stream cannot properly handle position increments != 1"

I think due to the feature, Highlighter doesn't work properly in some cases:

http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/c3ed1e0a2b12ddfa#c3ed1e0a2b12ddfa

Can we remove the restriction in some future?

If not, I'd propose we have an option to choose SlowSynonymFilterFactory explicitly
in schema.xml (we can choose it by setting luceneMatchVersion to 33,
but it is global).

koji
--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/