lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: High response time after being idle
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 23:45:11 GMT
Right, I think that's what's happening here.
Google "swapiness" if you are on Linux.

Alternatively, one could add something to prevent the OS from swapping out Solr's process.
Here is how ElasticSearch does it, for example: https://github.com/elasticsearch/elasticsearch/issues/464

Otis

----
Performance Monitoring SaaS for Solr - http://sematext.com/spm/solr-performance-monitoring/index.html

>>> for about 5-10 mins the first request sent again will be delayed for a few