lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Retrieving Documents
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 04:51:38 GMT
Hi Dan,

1) Are you looking for http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters#hl.fragsize ?

2) Hundreds of words in a field should not be a problem for highlighting.  But it sounds
like this long field may contain content that corresponds to N different pages in a publication
and you would like to inform the searcher which page the match was on, and not just that a
match was somewhere in that big piece of text.  One way to deal with that is to break your
document into N smaller documents - one document for each page.

Otis
----

Performance Monitoring SaaS for Solr - http://sematext.com/spm/solr-performance-monitoring/index.html