lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Distributed search and binary fields w/Solr 3.4
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 03:48:39 GMT
Hi there,

I'm running into a problem, where queries that are distributed among multiple shards don't
return binary field data properly.

If I hit a single core, the XML response to my HTTP request contains the expected data.

If I hit the request handler that's configured to distribute the request to my shards, the
XML contains "B[B<hex address>",

It looks like I wind up getting the <byte array>.toString() data, not the actual data
itself.

Has anybody else run into this? I've done a fair amount of searching, but no hits yet.

Next step is to create a unit test in Solr, if nobody raises their hand, and then walk it.

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
http://www.scaleunlimited.com