lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vadim Kisselmann <v.kisselm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Weird docs-id clustering output in Solr 1.4.1
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:52:58 GMT
Hi,
the quick and dirty way sound good:)
It would be great if you can send me a patch for 1.4.1.


By the way, i tested Solr. 3.5 with my 1.4.1 test index.
I can search and optimize, but clustering doesn't work (java.lang.Integer
cannot be cast to java.lang.String)
My uniqieKey for my docs it the "id"(sint).
These here was the error message:


Problem accessing /solr/select/. Reason:

   Carrot2 clustering failed

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Carrot2 clustering failed
   at
org.apache.solr.handler.clustering.carrot2.CarrotClusteringEngine.cluster(CarrotClusteringEngine.java:217)
   at
org.apache.solr.handler.clustering.ClusteringComponent.process(ClusteringComponent.java:91)
   at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:194)
   at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:129)
   at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1372)
   at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:356)
   at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:252)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:399)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:928)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
   at
org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:228)
   at
org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast
to java.lang.String
   at
org.apache.solr.handler.clustering.carrot2.CarrotClusteringEngine.getDocuments(CarrotClusteringEngine.java:364)
   at
org.apache.solr.handler.clustering.carrot2.CarrotClusteringEngine.cluster(CarrotClusteringEngine.java:201)
   ... 23 more

It this case it's better for me to upgrade/patch the 1.4.1 version.

Best regards
Vadim




2011/11/29 Stanislaw Osinski <stanislaw.osinski@carrotsearch.com>

> >
> > But my actual live system works on solr 1.4.1. i can only change my
> > solrconfig.xml and integrate new packages...
> > i check the possibility to upgrade from 1.4.1 to 3.5 with the same index
> > (without reinidex) with luceneMatchVersion 2.9.
> > i hope it works...
> >
>
> Another option would be to check out Solr 1.4.1 source code, fix the issue
> and recompile the clustering component. The quick and dirty way would be to
> convert all identifiers to strings in the clustering component, before the
> they are returned for serialization (I can send you a patch that does
> this). The proper way would be to fix the root cause of the problem, but
> I'd need to dig deeper into the code to find this.
>
> Staszek
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message