lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From MBD <mbd...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting up Solr for first time
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 20:01:30 GMT
Looking for help getting a basic (the example) configuration up and stabilized so we can start
experimenting with it. Requirement being that it index PDFs.

After basic install Solr (3.4) is indexing raw text/html files.

But when feeding in a PDF I'm getting a permissions error but not sure how to tell where,
exactly, the problem is or what I need to do to fix it?!?

$ curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/update/extract?literal.id=doc2&commit=true" -F "myfile=@features.pdf"
Error 500 Can't connect to window server - not enough permissions.
java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to window server - not enough permissions.

full error can be seen here: <http://pastie.org/2800677>
Solr 3.4

thanks for ANY help!
-Mike