lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Husain, Yavar" <yhus...@firstam.com>
Subject write-lock issue
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:13:13 GMT
Environment: Solr 1.4 on Windows/MS SQL Server

A write lock is getting created whenever I am trying to do a full-import of documents using
DIH. Logs say "Creating a connection with the database....." and the process is not going
forward (Not getting a database connection). So the indexes are not getting created. Note
that no other process is accessing the index and even I restarted my MS SQL Server service.
However still I see a write.lock file in my index directory.

What could be the reason for this? Even I have set the flag unlockOnStartup in solrconfig
to be true, still the indexing is not happening.

</PRE>
<BR>
******************************************************************************************<BR>This
message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the<BR>addressee(s)
named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are<BR>not
the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,<BR>you
are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly<BR>prohibited.
If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by<BR>replying
to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.<BR>
<BR>
Thank you.~<BR>
FAFLD<BR>
<PRE>