lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: DIH Strange Problem
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:06:17 GMT
On 11/23/2011 5:21 AM, Chantal Ackermann wrote:
> Hi Yavar,
>
> my experience with similar problems was that there was something wrong
> with the database connection or the database.
>
> Chantal

It's also possible that your JDBC driver might be trying to buffer the
entire result set.  There's a link on the wiki specifically for this
problem on MS SQL server.  Hopefully it's that, but Chantal could be
right too.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq

Here's the URL to the specific paragraph, but it's likely that it won't
survive the email trip in a clickable form:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq#I.27m_using_DataImportHandler_with_MS_SQL_Server_database_with_sqljdbc_driver._DataImportHandler_is_going_out_of_memory._I_tried_adjustng_the_batchSize_values_but_they_don.27t_seem_to_make_any_difference._How_do_I_fix_this.3F

Thanks,
Shawn