lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory, not during import or updates of the index
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 20:51:48 GMT
Hi,

Some options:
* Yes, on the slave/search side you can reduce your cache sizes and lower the memory footprint.
* You can also turn off norms in various fields if you don't need that and save memory there.
* You can increase your Xmx

I don't know what version of Solr you have, but look through Lucene/Solr's CHANGES.txt to
see if there were any changes that affect memory requirements since your version of Solr.

Otis
----

data imports, none are going on. I see in the wiki, document adds have some quirks, not doing
that. I don't know to to expect for memory use though.

>We had Solr running under Tomcat set to 2G ram. I presume cache size has an effect on
memory, that's set to 30,000 for filter, document and queryResult. Have experimented with
different sizes for a while, these limits are all lower than we used to have them set to.
So, hoping there no sort of memory leak involved.