lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "vrparekh@gmail.com" <vrpar...@gmail.com>
Subject how to apply sort and search both on multivalued field in solr
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 12:32:32 GMT
Hello all,

i did googling and also as per wiki, we can not apply sorting on multivalued
field.

workaround for that is we need to add two more fields for particular
multivalued field, min and max.
     e.g.     multivalued field have 4 values
                         "abc",
                         "cde",
                         "efg",
                         "pqr"
than min="abc" and max="pqr"    and we can make sort on it.

this is fine if there is only required to sort on multivalued field.

but i want to do searching and sorting on same multivalued field, then
result would not fine.

how to solve this problem ?

Thanks
vishal parekh