lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: negative boosts for docs with common field value
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 00:31:57 GMT

: The setup for this question was to simplify the actual environment,
: we're not actually demoting popular authors.

Well, the beter you describe your problem in terms of your *actual* goal,,
the more likely people can help give you applicable answers...

https://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem
XY Problem

Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341

-Hoss