lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Backup with lukeall XMLExporter.
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 18:24:03 GMT
On 05/10/2011 19:21, Luis Cappa Banda wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I´ve been looking for information trying to find an easy way to do index
> backups with Solr and I´ve readed that lukeall has an application called
> XMLExporter that creates a XML dump from a lucene index with it´s complete
> information. I´ve got some questions about this alternative:
>
> *1. *Do it also contains the information from fields configured as
> stored=false?
> *2. *Can I load with curl this XML file generated to reindex? If not, any
> other solution?
>
> Thank you very much.

It does not provide a complete copy of the index information, it only
dumps general information about the index plus the stored fields of
documents. Non-stored fields are not available. There is no counterpart
tool to take this XML dump and turn it into an index.

I'm working on a tool like what you had in mind, and I will be
presenting results of this work at the Eurocon in Barcelona. However,
it's still very much incomplete, and it depends on cutting edge features
(LUCENE-2621).

In any case, if you're using Lucene then you can safely take a backup of
the index if it's open readonly. With Solr you can use the replication
mechanism to pull in a copy of the index from a running Solr instance.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><