lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Herman Kiefus <herm...@angieslist.com>
Subject RE: MoreLikeThis assumptions
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 11:42:08 GMT
It generally helps if your solrconfig is correct.  Thank you for your tolerance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Herman Kiefus [mailto:hermank@angieslist.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2011 10:15 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: MoreLikeThis assumptions

Given a document id:n show me those other documents with similar values in the 'Name' field:

http://devsolr03:8983/solr/primary/select?q=id:182652&fl=id,Name,score&mlt=true&mlt.fl=Name

My assumption is the above query will generate the desired outcome.  It does; however, given
a different document (id) it does not.  Both id's identify a document whose name contains
the term 'smith'.  Stated differently if A is like B, C, and D I would assume that B is like
A, C, and D, but these are not the results that I'm seeing.

My objective is to simply seek out similar documents (based on several fields, I'm just using
one here) for any given document; a simple 'duplicate checker' if you will.  Am I misguided
in my assumptions?