lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Herman Kiefus <herm...@angieslist.com>
Subject Getting MoreLikeThisHandler operational.
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 14:24:59 GMT
I've begun tinkering with MLT using the standard request handler.  The Wiki also suggests using
the MoreLikeThis handler directly, but apparently, this is not in the default configuration
(as I recall, I haven't removed anything from solrconfig.xml as shipped).  For example: http://devsolr03:8983/solr/primary/mlt?q=id:3197684&fl=id,Name,Score&mlt=true&mlt.fl=Name
yields 'The requested resource is not available'.

I tried adding this to my solrconfig.xml:

<searchComponent name="mlt" class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.MoreLikeThisComponent"
/>
<requestHandler name="/mlt" class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.MoreLikeThisComponent">
       <arr name="components">
              <str>mlt</str>
</arr>
</requestHandler>

but ends up returning a 500 error on a core reload.  What is an appropriate configuration
entry for the MLT handler?