lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example setting TieredMergePolicy for Solr 3.3 or 3.4?
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 22:09:56 GMT
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Burton-West, Tom <tburtonw@umich.edu> wrote:
> Thanks Robert,
>
> Removing "set" from " setMaxMergedSegmentMB" and using "maxMergedSegmentMB" fixed the
problem.
> ( Sorry about the multiple posts.  Our mail server was being flaky and the client lied
to me about whether the message had been sent.)

> I'm still confused about the mergeFactor=10 setting in the example configuration.  Took
a quick look at the code, but I'm obviously looking in the wrong place. Is mergeFactor=10
interpreted by TieredMergePolicy as
> segmentsPerTier=10 and maxMergeAtOnce=10?   If I specify values for these is the mergeFactor
setting ignored?

Sorry, I just now noticed you responded!

yes, mergeFactory=10 is interpreted as both segmentsPerTier and maxMergeAtOnce.
yes, specifying explicit TieredMP parameters will override whatever
you set in mergeFactor (which is basically only interpreted to be
backwards compatible)

this is why i created this confusing test configuration: to test this
exact case.

--
lucidimagination.com