lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example setting TieredMergePolicy for Solr 3.3 or 3.4?
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 23:09:19 GMT
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Burton-West, Tom <tburtonw@umich.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The TieredMergePolicy has become the default with Solr 3.3, but the configuration in
the example uses the mergeFactor setting which applys to the LogByteSizeMergePolicy.

> How is the mergeFactor interpreted by the TieredMergePolicy?
>
> Is there an example somewhere showing how to configure the Solr TieredMergePolicy to
set the parameters:
> setMaxMergeAtOnce, setSegmentsPerTier, and setMaxMergedSegmentMB?

an example is here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/core/src/test-files/solr/conf/solrconfig-mergepolicy.xml

> I tried setting setMaxMergedSegmentMB in Solr 3.3
> <mergePolicy class="org.apache.lucene.index.TieredMergePolicy">
>      <int name="maxMergeAtOnce">20</int>
>      <int name="segmentsPerTier">40</int>
>     <!--400GB /20=20GB  or 20000MB-->
> <double name="setMaxMergedSegmentMB">20000</double>
>    </mergePolicy>
>

> and got this error message
> "SEVERE: java.lang.RuntimeException: no setter corrresponding to 'setMaxMergedSegmentMB'
in org.apache.lucene.index.TieredMergePolicy"

Right, i think it should be:

<double name="maxMergedSegmentMB">20000</double>

--
lucidimagination.com