lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add copyTo Field without re-indexing?
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2011 23:22:12 GMT
Luis:

This will only work if *all* the fields have ' stored="true" '. Or at
least enough that you
can get back all the original data. Fetching a document
will not return data for any field that has stored="false"...

Best
Erick

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Luis Cappa <luiscappa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> You can also develop an application by yourself that uses Solrj to retrieve all the documents
from your índex, process and add all the new information (fields) desired and the index them
into another Solr index. Its easy.

> Goodbye!
>

> El 16/09/2011, a las 17:39, "Olson, Ron" <ROLSON@lbpc.com> escribió:
>
>> Hi all-
>>
>> I have an 11 gig index that I realize I need to add another field to, but not from
the actual query using DIH, but via copyTo.

>> Is there any way to re-parse an existing index, adding the new copyTo field, without
having to basically start all over again with DIH?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> DISCLAIMER: This electronic message, including any attachments, files or documents,
is intended only for the addressee and may contain CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
disclosure, copying or distribution of this message or any of the information included in
or with it is  unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message
in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete and
destroy this message and its attachments, along with any copies thereof. This message does
not create any contractual obligation on behalf of the sender or Law Bulletin Publishing Company.