lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Pranav Prakash <pra...@gmail.com>
Subject Suggestions on how to perform infrastructure migration from 1.4 to 3.4?
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 09:54:05 GMT
Hi List,

We have our production search infrastructure as - 1 indexing master, 2
serving identical twin slaves. They are all Solr 1.4 beasts. Apart from this
we have 1 beast on Solr 3.4, which we have benchmarked against our
production setup (against performance and relevancy) and would like to
upgrade our production setup. Something like this has not happened before in
our organization. I'd like to know opinions from the community about what
are ways in which this migration can be performed? Will there be any
downtimes, if so for how many hours? What are some of the common issues that
might come along?

*Pranav Prakash*

"temet nosce"

Twitter <http://twitter.com/pranavprakash> | Blog <http://blog.myblive.com> |