lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kissue Kissue <kissue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using SolrJ over HTTPS
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 14:29:02 GMT
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. I investigated this further and discovered that the
actual error was:

2011-09-02 12:42:06,673 ERROR
[org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.StreamingUpdateSolrServer] - error
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.OutputRecord.writeBuffer(OutputRecord.java:295)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.OutputRecord.write(OutputRecord.java:284)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecordInternal(SSLSocketImpl.java:734)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:722)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(AppOutputStream.java:59)
        at
java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:65)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedOutputStream.flush(ChunkedOutputStream.java:191)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implFlush(StreamEncoder.java:278)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(StreamEncoder.java:122)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:212)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.StreamingUpdateSolrServer$Runner$1.writeRequest(StreamingUpdateSolrServer.java:137)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.writeRequestBody(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:499)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2114)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1096)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:398)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.StreamingUpdateSolrServer$Runner.run(StreamingUpdateSolrServer.java:154)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

For some reason, our application was connecting to the solr instance over
the internet over HTTPS and this was throwing the above error. When we
changed the URL so our application could communicate locally with solr over
HTTP, the error disappeared.

Thanks.