lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From balaji <mcabal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Synonyms Not Working when using SRC & DEST
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 00:47:40 GMT
> It won't work given your current schema.  To get the desired results, you
> would need to expand your synonyms at both index AND query time.  Right now
> your schema seems to specify it only at index time.

I have a very huge schema spanning up to 10K lines , if I use query time it
will be huge hit for me because one term will be mapped to multiple terms .
similar in the case of allergy

I doesn't want to go with comma separated as it will give
some erroneous results  and more over allergy and doctors are not equivalent
terms to be used in comma

> So, as the other respondent indicated, currently you replace allergy with
> the other list when indexing, and since allergy is not replaced during
> query, it gets no hits.

I replace allergy during the index with doctors , So it shouldn't be part of
the document ?

Thanks
Balaji