lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading solr from 3.3 to 3.4
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:40:04 GMT
Reindexing is not necessary.  Drop in 3.4 and go.

For this sort of scenario, it's easy enough to try using a copy of your <SOLR_HOME>
directory with an instance of the newest release of Solr.  If the release notes don't say
a reindex is necessary, then it's not, but always a good idea to try it and run any tests
you have handy.

	Erik