lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Darren Govoni <dar...@ontrenet.com>
Subject Re: basic solr cloud questions
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 21:16:46 GMT
On 09/27/2011 05:05 PM, Yury Kats wrote:
> You need to either submit the docs to both nodes, or have a replication
> setup between the two. Otherwise they are not in sync.
I hope that's not the case. :/ My understanding (or hope maybe) is that
the new Solr Cloud implementation will support auto-sharding and
distributed indexing. This means that shards will receive different
documents regardless of which node received the submitted document
(spread evenly based on a hash<->node assignment). Distributed queries
will thus merge all the solr shard/node responses.

This is similar in theory to how memcache and other big scale DHT's
work. If its just manually replicated indexes then its not really a step
forward from current Solr. :/