lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Example setting TieredMergePolicy for Solr 3.3 or 3.4?
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:16:40 GMT
On 9/21/2011 11:18 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> With no mergeFactor defined, maxMergeAtOnce and segmentsPerTier seem
> to be ignored.  I've got both set to 35, but Solr is merging every 10
> segments.  I haven't tried explicitly setting mergeFactor yet to see
> if that will make the other settings override it, I'm letting the
> current import finish first.

I have tried again with mergeFactor set to 8 and the other settings in
mergePolicy remaining at 35.  It merged after every 8th segment.  This
is on lucene_solr_3_4 checked out from SVN, with SOLR-1972 manually
applied.  Settings used this time:

<indexDefaults>
<useCompoundFile>false</useCompoundFile>
<mergeFactor>8</mergeFactor>
<mergeScheduler class="org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler">
<int name="maxMergeCount">4</int>
<int name="maxThreadCount">4</int>
</mergeScheduler>
<!--
<termIndexInterval>64</termIndexInterval>
-->
<ramBufferSizeMB>96</ramBufferSizeMB>
<maxFieldLength>32768</maxFieldLength>
<writeLockTimeout>1000</writeLockTimeout>
<commitLockTimeout>10000</commitLockTimeout>
<lockType>native</lockType>
</indexDefaults>

<mergePolicy class="org.apache.lucene.index.TieredMergePolicy">
<int name="maxMergeAtOnce">35</int>
<int name="segmentsPerTier">35</int>
<int name="maxMergeAtOnceExplicit">105</int>
</mergePolicy>

If there's anything else you'd like me to do, please let me know and
I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Shawn