lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahson Iqbal <mianah...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: question about Field Collapsing/ grouping
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:22:26 GMT
Hi Jayendra

Thanks a lot  for your response, now i have two questions one that to get the count of groups
is it must to apply the specified patch, if so can you help me a little how i can apply that
patch in steps as i am new to solr/java.

Regards
Ahsan

----- Original Message -----
From: Jayendra Patil <jayendra.patil.001@gmail.com>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org; Ahson Iqbal <mianahson@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: question about Field Collapsing/ grouping

The time we implemented the feature, there was no straight forward solution.

What we did is to facet on the grouped by field and counting the facets.
This would give you the distinct count for the groups.

You may also want to check the Patch @
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2242, which will return the
facet counts and you need to count it by yourself.

Regards,
Jayendra