lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tirthankar Chatterjee <tchatter...@commvault.com>
Subject RE: Alias name for a index field
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 19:48:58 GMT
We are using fielded query using EDISMAX which is passed into the q parameter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik.hatcher@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 10:21 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Alias name for a index field

How are you doing fielded search currently?  End users using the "lucene" query parser?  Or
using dismax/qf?

I'm just curious to drill into your needs here exactly in terms of request/response and whether
a simple application layer handling of the alias need would suffice or this is something best
handled in Solr.

	Erik

On Sep 9, 2011, at 09:59 , Tirthankar Chatterjee wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a way that we can give an alias name for a field so that the schema is not required
to change.

> Use Case: We defined the schema with a field called "conv" (basically
> to store conversation of an email) There are users who wants this to be used as "subject"
>
> One Solution: Use copy field but that definitely takes some resource, instead can we
have something like an alias name, so a field can have multiple alias names which different
users from geographical regions can use for doing fielded search.