lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joshua Miller <jos...@itsecureadmin.com>
Subject Re: Trouble configuring multicore / accessing admin page
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 20:18:02 GMT
On Sep 28, 2011, at 1:03 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:

> On 9/28/2011 1:40 PM, Joshua Miller wrote:
>> I am trying to get SOLR working with multiple cores and have a problem accessing
the admin page once I configure multiple cores.

>> Problem:
>> When accessing the admin page via http://solrhost:8080/solr/admin, I get a 404, "missing
core name in path".

>> Question:  when using the multicore option, is the standard admin page still available?
>
> When you enable multiple cores, the URL syntax becomes a little different.  On 1.4.1
and 3.2.0, I ran into a problem where the trailing / is required on this URL, but that problem
seems to be fixed in 3.4.0:

> http://host:port/solr/corename/admin/
>
> If you put a defaultCoreName="somecore" into the <cores> tag in solr.xml, the original
/solr/admin URL should work as well.  I just tried it on Solr 3.4.0 and it does work.  According
to the wiki, it should work in 1.4 as well.  I don't have a 1.4.1 server any more, so I can't
verify that.

> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#cores

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the quick response.

I can't get any of those combinations to work.

I've added the defaultCoreName="core0" into the solr.xml and restarted and tried the following
combinations:

http://host:port/solr/admin
http://host:port/solr/admin/
http://host:port/solr/core0/admin/
…
(and many others)

I'm stuck on 1.4.1 at least temporarily as I'm taking over an application from another resource
and need to get it up and running before modifying anything so any help here would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh Miller
Open Source Solutions Architect