lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Herman Kiefus <herm...@angieslist.com>
Subject Dictionary of Correctly Spelled terms
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 16:08:54 GMT
My objective is to end up with a field that can be used to build the spellcheck dictionary;
however, that field will only contain correctly spelled terms other than those terms originating
from two other 'proper name' fields.

I thought I had this working, but feedback from a separate thread seems to indicate otherwise.

My approach was to use copyField directives to move terms from those fields that I want to
strip misspellings from to a field that uses the KeepWordFilterFactory with a file containing
only correctly spelled words.  Further, this field would be copied to the 'dictionary' field
along with the two other 'proper name' fields.  The 'dictionary' field has no text analysis
as my assumption was that it would be getting those terms from the source whose contents were
already subject to the analysis tied to its type.

If this is not the case, how could someone go about creating such a dictionary field (other
than going outside Solr)?