lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can i create filters of score range
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:21:18 GMT
I don't believe that this is possible, and I strongly question
whether it's useful (not to mention the syntax error, score:[1 TO *], notice
the colon).

Scores really are "dimensionless". A normalized score of 0.5 for a particular
query doesn't really say anything about how "good" the document is, it just
tells you that it's "better" than a doc of 0.4

This smells like an XY problem, see:
http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#xyproblem

What is a higher-level statement of the problem you're trying to solve?

Best
Erick