lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: 4820 searchers opened?
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 18:21:05 GMT
On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net> wrote:
> This is convincing me... I'd like to experiment and close.
>
> So, how can I be sure this is the right thing?
> I would have thought adding a document and committing would have created a Searcher in
my current usage but I do not see the reference list actually being enlarged on my development
machine.

It is creating a new searcher, but then closing the old searcher after
all currently running requests are done using it (that's what the
reference counting is for).
After the searcher is closed, it's removed from the list.

Pay attention to the address of the searcher on the stats page:
  searcherName : Searcher@7d0ade7e main

You should see the address change after a commit.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com