lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Cupbearer <jcr...@inforeverse.com>
Subject RE: Stable Linux Release
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:22:11 GMT
Just for posterity sake:

I was correct in that it had to do with the fsockopen() function in php.  However, the issue
was in SELinux and not in any of my other configuration.  Even when I tried to disable SELinux
to test if it was a firewall issue apparently whatever was set in the Boolean’s gets loaded
anyways because changing:

setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1

made everything work.  You can mark this resolved.  It was weird though that I never saw anything
like that in any of the installation tutorials or information about Solr.  It came from random
notes I had to use to get ftp to work correctly as I was combing over what I had installed.

-----

Cupbearer
Jerry E. Craig, Jr.