lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Schihin <oliver.schi...@unibas.ch>
Subject Field type change / copy field
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:53:09 GMT
Hello list

My documents come with a field holding a date, always a year:
<year>2008</year

In the schema, this content is taken for a field <year> as an integer, and it will be

searchable.

Through a copyfield-instruction I move the <year> to a <facet_year>-field, you
guess, to
use it for faceting and make range queries possible. Its field type is of the class
'solr.TrieDateField' that requires canonical date representation. Is there a way in solr
to extend the simple year to <facet_year>2008-01-01T00:00:00Z</facet_year>. Or,
do i have
to solve the problem in preprocessing, before posting?

Thanks
Oliver