lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From alexander sulz <a.s...@digiconcept.net>
Subject Re: Solr 3.3 crashes after ~18 hours?
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 12:09:25 GMT
Thank you for the many replies!

Like I said, I couldn't find anything in logs created by solr.
I just had a look at the /var/logs/messages and there wasn't anything
either.

What I mean by crash is that the process is still there and http GET
pings would return 200
but when i try visiting /solr/admin, I'd get a blank page! The server
ignores any incoming updates or commits,
thous throwing no errors, no 503's.. It's like the server has a blackout
and stares blankly into space.

I just gave allocated more memory like proposed and will keep an eye on
it if the problem still persists.

Thank you guys, you are awesome.

Am 02.08.2011 15:23, schrieb Fran├žois Schiettecatte:
> Assuming you are running on Linux, you might want to check /var/log/messages too (the
location might vary), I think the kernel logs forced process termination there. I recall that
the kernel will usually picks the process consuming the most memory, there may be other factors
involved too.