lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dave Stuart <david.stu...@progressivealliance.co.uk>
Subject Re: cores vs indices
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 07:16:02 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Yes there is a one-to-one relationship between Solr indices and cores. The one to many comes
when you look at the relationship between cores and tomcat/jetty webapps instances. This gives
you the ability to clone, add and swap cores around.

See for for core manipulation functions:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin

Regards,

Dave