lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: question about exception in faceting
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 23:52:53 GMT

: If I got an exception during faceting (e.g. undefined field), Solr doesn't
: return HTTP 400 but 200 with the exception stack trace in <arr name="exception">
: ...</arr> tag. Why is it implemented so? I checked Solr 1.1 and saw the same behavior.

super historic, pre-apache, code ... the idea at the time was that some
parts of the response (like faceting, highlightin, watever...) would be
"optional" and if there was an error computing that data it wouldn't fail
the main request.

that logic should really be ripped out.

-Hoss