lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: How to create a solr core if no solr cores were created before?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 03:36:23 GMT

you need to give us some more info in order to give you meaningful
assistance..

1) what does your solr.xml look like?
2) what files/directories are in pathToSolrHome?
3) what is the full stack trace?

: Hi,
:
: I tried to create a solr core but I always get "No such solr core:"-Exception.
:
: -----
: File home = new File( pathToSolrHome );
: File f = new File( home, "solr.xml" );
:
: CoreContainer coreContainer = new CoreContainer();
: coreContainer.load( pathToSolrHome, f );
:
: EmbeddedSolrServer server = new EmbeddedSolrServer(coreContainer, "");
: CoreAdminRequest.createCore("coreName", "coreDir", server);
: -----
:
: I think the problem is the "" in new EmbeddedSolrServer(coreContainer, "");
:
: Thanks.
:

-Hoss