lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: can't get moreLikeThis to work
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 16:27:49 GMT
On 7/8/2011 8:08 AM, Elaine Li wrote:
> Guan and Koji, thank you both!
>
> After I changed to termVectors = true, it returns the results as expected.
> I flipped the stored=true|false for two fields: text and category_text
> and compared the results and don't see any difference. The
> documentation seems to suggest to have stored=true for the fields
> though, not sure why.

The way I understand what I've read, MLT requires termvectors to work,
but if you don't have termvectors, it can use the stored field to
calculate them on the fly.  If you need to store the field for other
reasons, you could turn termVectors off and make your index smaller, at
the expense of slower MLT queries.

This assumes I've understood things correctly!  I currently can't use
MLT because it doesn't yet support distributed search.

Shawn