lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: Solr Ecosystem / Integration wiki pages
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 20:09:12 GMT
Thanks for offering feedback; if nobody commented I was going to send an FYI post to the dev
list.
Comments below.

On Jul 15, 2011, at 3:39 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : integrating Solr with other applications.  What isn't there is a list of
> : what web/email/file crawlers exist, data integration pipelines, and there
> : are some other odds and ends like distributions/forks of Solr (Lucid &
> : Constellio), and Solandra.    So I started to put together this page:
> : http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrEcosystem  instead of essentially
> : duplicating what's on SolrIntegration I linked to it.  I suspect that some
> : might feel that all this information should live on SolrIntegration and so I
> : should move this.  Yes?  I really liked the idea of naming this "Solr
> : Ecosystem" but I admit that when it comes down to it, it's basically about
> : integrating with Solr.
> :
> : Any thoughts on this from anyone?
>
> Looks fine to me.
>
> I think it makes sense to have a distinction between the "ecosystem" of
> tools and such that might be of interest to people using Solr (which may
> or may not know about solr directly), and tools that exist specificly to
> "integrate" Solr with other things.
>
> I updated both pages to try and clarify their purpose.

I noticed your change on IntegratingSolr but not SolrEcosystem, which is still at rev#3.

> One thing that would be nice on hte EcoSystem page is to better call out
> when/how these things can be used with solr by linking to info about that
> rather then just putting a *S* next to them -- if there isn't a document
> somewhere on those sites mentioning Solr, then claiming they have some
> level of Solr integration is kind of missleading.

I agree that adding a link would be helpful.  By the way, every place there is an *S* was
deliberately placed there by me because I identified the existence of Solr-specific integration.
Do you believe I misattributed an *S*?

~ David