lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching using a PDF
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 19:52:49 GMT
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "regular search". When
you index a PDF (Presumably through Tika or Solr Cell) the text
is indexed into your index and you can certainly search that. Additionally,
there may be meta data indexed in specific fields (e.g. author,
date modified, etc).

But what does "search based on a PDF file" mean in your context?

Best
Erick