lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jamie Johnson <jej2...@gmail.com>
Subject case insensitive searches but return original case
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:53:31 GMT
Is it possible to do case insensitive searches but return the original
case?  So for instance the original field is:

John Smith

I need to be able to do case insensitive searches tokenized searches, but
when the value is returned for faceting I'd like the value to be just "John
Smith", not "john" and "smith" or "john smith".  Is this possible?  I know I
can probably do this by having an additional field which is for faceting and
another which is for searching (won't give me case insensitive I don't
think) but is there a more elegant way to do this?