lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From François Schiettecatte <fschietteca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Include synonys in solr
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:38:50 GMT
Well no, you need to see which files (if any) will suit your needs, they are not all synonyms
files, I only needed the UK/US english file and I needed to process it into a format suitable
for the synonyms file.

There may well be other word lists on the net suitable for your needs. I would not recommend
the use of synonyms unless you have a specific need for them. I needed them because we have
documents which mix UK/US english, and we need to be able to search on medical terms e.g.
hemoglobin/haemoglobin and get the same results.

Cheers

François