lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: Solr vs ElasticSearch
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:31:13 GMT
You _could_ configure it as a slave, if you plan to sometimes use it as
a slave.  It can be configured as both a master and a slave. You can
configure it as a slave, but turn off automatic polling.  And then issue
one-off replicate commands whenever you want.

But yeah, it gets messy, your use case is definitely not what
ReplicationHandler is expecting, definitely some Java improvements would
be nice, agreed.