lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: What's your query result cache's stats?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:14:31 GMT
I believe you need SOME query cache even with low hit counts, for things
like a user paging through results. You want the query to still be in
the cache when they go to the next page or what have you. Other
operations like this may depend on the query cache too for good
performance.

So even with a low hit rate, you still want enough query cache that all
the "current" queries, all the queries someone is in the middle of doing
something with and may do more with can stay in the cache. (what things
those are can depend on your particular client interface).   So the
cache hit count may not actually be a good guide to sizing your query
cache.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I've been thinking.